ST PETER, LIVERPOOL
The whereabouts of the burial registers for
St Peter's is unknown. A partial transcript
942 DAN 13 was made by Father Louis Joseph D'Andria
sometime between 1930 and 1941 and it was deposited with the
rest of hi papers in Liverpool Library upon his death in
1945. The transcript, which contains over 800 names, is
reproduced here. It appears that only 22 bodies were buried
in the vaults below the church. Eight of these were monks
and, in 2004, seven of these were reburied at Ampleforth
Abbey. It was not possible to identify the remains of the
eighth monk, Fr Archibald Benedict McDonald, so he and and the fourteen lay
people were buried in Ford Cemetery.
Wikipedia has further details of this process and an
excellent history of the church. The burial ground lay to
the west of the church.
Any forenames in blue
are taken from Gibson's 'Monumental Inscriptions' for St Peter's which are reproduced at the bottom of this page.